I’m trying to get into Twitter. It seems like all the cool kids are doing it. I got an account (mrs_abbywhatsit), but I really haven’t been active on it. Then it occurred to me today that it might be a good place to put all of those random thoughts that occur to me throughout the day that I have no one to tell because I’m home by myself. So, I’m going to try it. We’ll see how it goes!
I wanted to give something to my advisor to thank him for all of his years of putting up with my shit, not throwing me out when I had horrible depression, being such a great guy. I decided to make this:
This very cleverly designed DNA scarf (notice the base pairing between the helices) seemed like the perfect gift. I found it here. It’s about halfway done. It’s not the easiest pattern in the world, you really need to pay attention to what you are doing, but I think a fearless beginner could tackle it.
About writing a draft of her thesis, R said, “It was like braiding a sasquatch.”
- Title page and copyright
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 3
- Appendix B
Waiting on Advisor comments:
- Chapter 2
- Appendix A
Waiting on complete compilation of thesis:
- Table of Contents
- List of Figures
Only thing left to write:
- Acknowledgements (Note: “acknowledgments” is correct for the wordpress spell check and “acknowledgEments” is correct for the MSWord spell check. Both are correct according to the dictionary.)
Today, I spent a great deal of time on formatting. I’ve got everything in one big document now except for the stuff that I’m waiting for Advisor to send me. I figured out how to make MSWord automatically generate a Table of Contents and a List of Figures which took WAAAYYY longer than it should have. Since the page numbers won’t be right until I get every chapter and appendix in there, I’m waiting on those for the end. Which means, there’s nothing I can do except write the acknowledg(e)ments.
I should feel good about this, but I’m just anxious about the stuff I haven’t gotten back from Advisor yet.
- Title page–not started
- Table of Contents–GRRRRRRRRR!
- List of Figures–not started
- Chapter 1–still needs a figure
- Chapter 2–WHEN WILL MY ADVISOR EVER GET BACK TO ME ABOUT CHAPTER 2?!?!?!
- Chapter 3–need to make one wording change
- Appendix A–Written, waiting to hear from Advisor
- Appendix B–DONE
- References–just need to go over them to make sure there’s no errors
- Compiling it all into one document and formatting and shit–10% done
I have a date and time for my defense. April 29 at 2:00.
I feel a little queasy.