Result C.1

Awhile back, I told you of my woes in trying to get Result C from Experiment 3.  Well, I’m in the midst of Experiment 4 which will hopefully give me Result C.1.  I have great hopes that it will do so because I did a quick and dirty experiment and got Result C.1.preliminary.  I should be really excited.  And I am, sort of.

See, I’ve been spending the past couple of weeks trying to refine the outline of my paper.  A good paper should tell a story.  And I think I have a story.  The problem is that right now, the story is full of holes.  I have a lot of data.  But that data isn’t in a form that is publishable.  Some of getting it publishable involves repeating experiments with the right controls or running a gel that includes all of the samples I want to directly compare.  But, some of it involves new experiments.  That scares me because that’s how I got Result Fish when I did Experiment 3.  And while that story is going to turn out okay in the end (I think.  I hope.), it still meant that I had to take this several week diversion trying to get it all sorted out.

The bottom line is, reconfiguring this outline made me realize just how far away from graduation I really am.  And it’s a lot further that I thought it would be.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Result C.1

  1. Well, you might be surprised. I know when I finished it was like it happened overnight. I had my nose so far into the grindstone that I didn’t look up for a while. Try not to worry about when you’ll finish, you can drive yourself crazy with that (even more than being scared by Result Fish). Just keep chugging away. You’ll get there.

Comments are closed.